This past weekend we had two teams participate in the Whistler50 relay race and the results are pretty awesome. Hot2Trot was our Open Men’s team which placed 13th overall and 2nd in their division with a total time of 6:13.54. This smashes our previous record of 6:42.04 which was set last year.
The VFR recreational team placed 34th overall and 1st in their division with a time of 7:00.35.
While everyone did an outstanding job and both teams are to be congratulated, we’d like to make some special mentions:
- Kevin Hisko posting the past 7km leg show of 32:46
- Kangsoon Park who posted amazing time of 58:17 on his 13km leg coming back from injury last year
- Luke Liang surprising himself with 33:22 on his first ever race
- Neil Johnson for posting his fastest ever pace (5:01/km) in a race 10km or higher
- Alex Cheung, our poster boy success story from the Learn to Run program nailing 1:07:09 on his 13km segment.
A huge ‘THANK YOU’ go to team captains, Leifka Vissers and Tom Martin, for coordinating team registration and roster running order; making sure everyone showed up at the correct checkpoints and at the right time.
Don Cooper for hosting a post race pre-dinner function at his beautiful home in Whistler. Thank you Don! We really had a great time.
Thank you everyone who participated and volunteered at the Whistler 50 race. Let’s think about Ragnar Relay July 2015. 🙂
Results can be found here.