Thanks for checking out Vancouver Frontrunners (VFR)!
Why not drop by one or two of our regular Wednesday or Saturday runs to see how the running & walking routes and group fit with you. Like what you see? Annual memberships are only $15! Sign-up (or renew) here!
- Wednesdays – meet at Yaletown Roundhouse at 6:30 pm
- Saturdays – meet at Brockton Oval in Stanley Park at 9 am
Optional post-run meals: After runs, we meet up at a rotating restaurant on Wednesday evenings and our regular breakfast hangout on Saturday mornings.
VFR also organizes regular social events for members ranging from potlucks to paddleboarding, running clinics to curling and even out-of-town races like the Whistler 50 Relay. In addition, we’re responsible for organizing Vancouver’s annual Pride Run & Walk 5/10k!
Vancouver Frontrunners (VFR) is a registered non-profit membership-funded society that provides a safe and friendly environment for the LGBTQ2S+ community and their friends to enjoy running and walking and a wide variety of social activities throughout each year.
Throughout the pandemic we’ve maintained our in-person meetups for runs & walks whenever permissible. When we can’t, we stay connected on-line through weekly content and opportunities including fitness sessions and the VFR PRO RUNNING CLINIC delivered via Zoom.
Membership has its benefits:
- Participation in Saturday morning and Wednesday evening runs and walks, and running clinics.
- Optional post-run/walk Saturday morning brunches or Wednesday evening dinners at a different restaurant each week.
- Our weekly member newsletter keeps you connected to any last-minute run or programming changes, invites to social events, and much more.
- Monthly VFR social events.
- Team participation in local and out of town races (including the fall Whistler 50 mile relay!)
- Discounts on official club shirts/singlets
- 10% discount on shoes at our Pride Run & Walk partner, Forerunners (Main street location only)
- 20% discount at Times Square Suites Hotel. Use promo code VFR.
- 10% discount at Rackets and Runners on Oak.
- VFR is your club; we value everyone’s contribution – vote or better yet stand for a position on the board and make your mark at our December AGM.
Ready to join us? Our annual membership costs only $15 and runs from January 1 to December 31. New memberships purchased after October 1 are good until December 31 of the following year. Sign-up (or renew) here!
Membership fees allow our all volunteer-run society to cover our reasonable operational costs. We’re also the host of Vancouver’s annual Pride Run & Walk 5/10K race every July in Stanley Park.
No one will ever be turned away due to an inability to afford our fees – please write in confidence to email@example.com if we can help you.