Thanks for checking out Vancouver Frontrunners!
Vancouver Frontrunners (VFR) is a registered non-profit membership-funded society that provides a safe and friendly environment for the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, their friends and allies to enjoy running and walking and a wide variety of social activities throughout each year. 2023 is our 40th year!
Before signing up as a member, we encourage you to drop by one or two of our regular Wednesday or Saturday runs. Check us out! Like what you see? Annual memberships are only $15! Sign-up (or renew) for 2023 here; your membership lasts from now to December 31, 2023.
Our regular weekly runs are:
- Wednesdays – meet at Yaletown Roundhouse at 6:30 pm
- Saturdays – meet at Brockton Oval in Stanley Park at 9 am
Check out Run With VFR for all the details.
In addition to participation in Saturday morning and Wednesday evening runs and walks, and running clinics, membership has its benefits:
- Extra motivation to get out on those colder or showery days! VFR runs rain or shine, all year round. We’ll only cancel a run if conditions are dangerous such as when snow or ice is on the route.
- Optional post-run/walk Saturday morning brunches or Wednesday evening dinners at a different restaurant each week. Having an off day? Be a Front-Diner that day, join us for the apres-run!
- Our weekly member newsletter keeps you connected to last-minute run or programming changes, invites to social events, and much more.
- Monthly VFR social events range from paddling to snowshoeing, curling to breweries, hiking, skating, bowling, beach picnics and more!
- Team participation in local and out-of-town races (including the fall Whistler 50-mile team relay, Vancouver Half/Full Marathon, Sun Run, and many more!)
- Discounts on official club shirts/singlets.
- 10% discount on shoes at our Pride Run & Walk partner, Forerunners (Main street location only). Each year Forerunners on Main puts on a private VFR run, tech talk and shop event for us, complete with treats and other surprises!
- 10% discount at Rackets and Runners on Oak, another great locally owned shop.
- Other discounts we can’t disclose in public!
- Support with a bit of your time Vancouver’s annual Pride Run & Walk, a 5/10km race event for the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, their friends and allies. VFR is the host and organizer of this charity race event. In recent years we’ve raised over $154,000 for 2SLGBTQIA+ youth programs.
- VFR is your club; we value everyone’s contribution – vote or stand for a position on the board at our December Annual General Meeting.
A modest membership fee covers our reasonable operational costs for our all-volunteer-run society.
Ready to join us? Our annual membership costs only $15 and runs from January 1 to December 31. Membership sales for the next year go on sale in the fall – 2023 memberships are on sale now. Sign-up (or renew) for 2023 here; your membership lasts from now to December 31, 2023.
No one will ever be turned away due to an inability to afford our fees – if we can lend you a hand, please write in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.