Vancouver Frontrunners provides a safe and friendly environment for the LGBTQ2S+ community and their friends to enjoy running and walking.
May 2021: With the release of BC’s Restart Plan, we’re back!
Drop-ins & visitors are always welcome! If you have any questions whatsoever, please contact us!
Whether you are new to running, already a seasoned PR-hunting mileage monster, or somewhere in between, you’ll feel right at home in our welcoming and supportive running and walking group for the LGBTQ2S+ community and their friends.
Group runs are hosted twice a week, Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings, rain or shine, every week of the year. Check us out and if you find yourself enjoying the experience, consider joining as a member (only $15 annually).
What To Expect
Expect an enthusiastic welcome! After all, we’re a social group with a running problem. Gathering at the start for a quick two-minute briefing and introductions for all, we’ll pair those new to us with an appropriate run or walk group. Each meetup features a 6 or 8km run at various paces, while walkers head out for between 40 and 60 minutes.
Due to COVID-19 related closures, change-rooms, lockers, and post-run group meals at local restaurants are currently unavailable or suspended. Both run locations offer change rooms, lockers (bring your own lock) and showers. Afterwards, many of us gather at a restaurant (or an occasional picnic) for a meal together.
Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm
Meet up with our easy-to-spot group of runners near the couches inside or at the rear courtyard just beyond.
From the start, we head out together eastward along the seawall. 6 km runners head over the Cambie bridge while the 8/9 km group continues around False Creek past Science World and then west along the south shore to Burrard Bridge. During the winter we alter course slightly to avoid running underneath the bridge, heading instead up to Burrard along 1st Avenue.
- Where: Roundhouse Community Centre in Yaletown – meet outside in the rear courtyard.
; showers & lockers (bring your own lock) are available.
- Transit: Yaletown-Roundhouse Canada Line station, Davie (006) @Roundhouse or Pacific (023) @Davie buses.
- Parking: Paid parking below Roundhouse CC and on the adjacent streets.
- Route Maps: 6 km and 8 km (9 km back to Roundhouse) options.
- Post-run dinner: Announced at the run start and in the weekly newsletter.
Saturday mornings at 9:00 am
Lockers and showers are inside the card-key protected area of the Fieldhouse – ask one of the many regular members for access if you are new to the group. Public washrooms are accessible without a card key.
Most of our run on either route will be on fine packed gravel trails with the last km to the finish on the Seawall. We introduce new runners to their preferred route by pairing up with an appropriate group.
- Where: Brockton Oval Fieldhouse, Stanley Park; showers & lockers (bring your own lock) are available.
- Transit: WB Georgia bus stop at Denman, from there it’s a 1.3km walk to the Fieldhouse.
- Parking: Ample paid parking at the Fieldhouse.
- Route Maps: 6 km and 8 km options leading through the park, finishing on the seawall.
Post-run meal: Generally (confirmed at the run start), we meet in the big group room at the front of White Spot on Georgia at Cardero.