Taking a look back at the year that has been, our 36th year, Frontrunners were busier than ever being completely awesome!
In between our many social activities we still managed to find some time to run this year. In addition to our weekly rain or shine Saturday or Wednesday runs, Frontrunners had a blast participating in:
- ‘First Half’ Half Marathon
- St. Patrick’s Day 5K
- Sun Run
- BMO Vancouver Marathon
- Scotia Half + 5K
- Pride Run & Walk, hosted by Frontrunners! Almost 400 came out to run and walk, cheered on by 60 volunteers and hundreds of family and allies in glorious weather! See you in 2020!
- Eastside 10K
- Goodlife Fitness Victoria Marathon
- Whistler 50 Mile Relay & Ultra
Vancouver Frontrunners proudly supports and raises funds for the award-winning Out In Schools program and the LOUD Foundation Pride Youth Scholarship Fund.
One of our primary fundraising events is the annual Pride Run & Walk, hosted by Vancouver Frontrunners. Thanks to Pride Run & Walk Director Rohan Hare for leading the team to deliver an incredibly successful event!
We just might be a social club with a running problem!
- Whistler Pride Coat Check
- Snowshoeing at Seymour
- Out for Schools Breakfast
- Sun Run pre-race Pub Grub @ The Pint
- BMO pre-race Potluck
- “Summer is coming” BBQ
- STRUT – Walk a mile in heels
- Sizzle: Pride Run & Walk Launch BBQ
- Shipyard Night Market
- Ragnar Brunch @ Saint John’s
- International Rainbow Memorial Run & Brunch
- Whitecaps Pride Night
- Pride Parade
- Swim and Sunbathe at Kits Pool
- Queer Film Festival
- Camping at Sloquet Hotsprings
- Co-hosting Condom Packaging at Pumpjack with HiM
- 35th Vancouver Frontrunners Birthday Party
- AIDS Walk
- Grouse Grind End of Season
- Victoria Marathon weekend Supper
- Whistler 50
- Movie Night
- Boardgames Night @ Storm Crow
- 10 Pin Bowling @ Rev’s
- … and more!