The Important Stuff
- Few Days Remain
- Race Package Pickup (Location Change!)
- Race Day
- The Course
- Finish Line
- Race Results
- Awards and Prizes
- Pride Sports Day
Few Days Remain
Pride Run & Walk is THIS Sunday. Are you as excited as us? Have you decided on a super fun and colourful costume or outfit?
We have lots to cover, so we’ll try to be as brief as possible.
Race Package Pickup
- LOCATION has changed from last year.
There are two locations in which you can collect your bibs and goodies
- Forerunners – Main St
3889 Main St, Vancouver, BC, V5V3P1
Click for Google MapsFriday July 20th – 2:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturday July 21st – 10:30am – 4:00pm
- Event Day – VFR Booth
Sunday July 22nd – Near the start line at the VFR Booth
- Yes, team captains can collect on behalf of their team. They just need the first and last name used during registration.
- Those who visit us in store will receive a free water bottle, donated by Forerunners. You must be present to collect the water bottle.
- We have a limited number of Pride Run & Walk 2018 branded New Balance technical t-shirts available for purchase. You can try these on for correct sizing before you buy. First come, first served.
- Visitors will also receive a $20 gift card on $75+ purchases. *Some conditions apply.
- Where: Second Beach Park
- When: Sunday July 22nd – 8:30am
- Aim to arrive between 8:00 – 8:20am, giving yourself ample time to arrive.
- Visit our Getting There page if you’re unsure how
- Parking directly adjacent to the park is unavailable
- Bag check and bike valet services are provided by Out in Schools and available by donation
- Welcoming ceremony and opening remarks commence at 8:30am
- Gun time for 10km runners is 9:00am
- Gun time for 5km runners/walkers is 9:05am
- We start and end at the same location in Second Beach Park.
- Remember to use sunscreen and stay hydrated. It’s going to be warm
- The course is an out-and-back design with two turn around points. One at 2.5 km for the 5km participants, and one at the 5km marker for the 10km runners.
You come back the exact same way.
- The disco water station will be placed just before the second turnaround point. There will be glitter, hair spray, fun jewellery and other cool stuff for you to collect. Catch your breath as you get your glam on.
- We have an army of course marshals on the look out for your safety and can be easily identified with large balloon arrangements.
- St John’s Ambulance will be in attendance looking out for you. If you find anyone who needs assistance, please find the nearest volunteer who can contact race organisers.
- When you cross the finish line, collect your finisher’s pin and bracelet and move on to the food tent
- We will have plenty of water and delicious post run nutrition to help quench your appetite.
- Take this time to explore the park and visit all of the vendors who will have instalments and interactions for you.
- If you fancy yourself an adult beverage, the beer garden will open after the run. This is a 19+ area and you will need government issued ID to get in.
- Finishing announcements, awards and prizes will commence at 10:30 am.
Race results provided by Startline Timing will be posted live and online
Awards and Prizes
- Prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each of the 3 gender categories for both 5km and 10km events
- Fastest 5km team (using fastest 5 people)
- Fastest 10km team (using fastest 5 people)
- Best dressed individual
- Best dressed team
- Door prizes
So even if you’re not the fastest, there’s a chance at taking something home.
Pride Sports Day
We’re not kidding when we say Pride Run & Walk is just the beginning. Pride Sports Day kicks off at 11:00am and runs until 5:00pm.
- Beer garden opens immediately following Pride Run & Walk
- Food trucks will line the park
- Interactions from Canucks, Whitecaps and BC Lions
- Groove with Dance in Transit
- Toss a frisbee with the Rain City Ultimate Club
- Perfect your pose with YYOGA
- Live Performances
and so much more!
With 26 degrees in the forecast, what a perfect way to spend the day outdoors.
It’s not too late to seek donations and pledges. This is a charity event after all.
Online donations can be made until midnight, Sunday July 22nd.
Even after online registrations close!
We understand there’s donor fatigue out there. There’s so many amazing charities who do great work and need those hard earned dollars, but even putting out one last call can help make a big difference.
That’s It From Us
That’s it from us! If you still have any questions about package pickup or event day, please visit our site as there’s tonnes of information available. If your question is still unanswered, please email us as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you all on Sunday morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed.