Interview with Clare
What do you do for a living?
– I’m a lawyer.
Where did you grow up? What is your background/history?
– I grew up in Etobicoke, a suburb of Toronto.
How long have you been running?
– I started in university in the early 80s, gave it up for while, then took the Sun Run training clinic in 1998 and have been running pretty consistently since then.
Favourite running experience?
– I once got the runner’s high … once.
Advice to newer runners?
– For brand new runners, I’d say you’ll be amazed how quickly you’ll go to running constantly for 45 minutes, from running 2 and 1’s. For those who have plateaued (which I did ages ago), I’d say find something you actually like about it – whether it’s the social aspect or being outside – to keep yourself motivated.
How did you find out about Frontrunners?
– From the greatest promoter of Frontrunners, our esteemed president, Jag.
How long have you been a member of Frontrunners?
– About eight months.
What do you like best about Frontrunners?
– The eating and socializing.
Least known fact about you?
– I eat a lot.
Favourite thing to do when you are not working (or running)?
– Enjoying what the West Coast has to offer.
Running goals or aspirations?
– I’ll see if I can ever run a two-hour half.